Sunday 3 June 2012

road trip book - journal

I was able to revisit a little journal I made a couple of years ago when I visited Wim and Del in their studio last week.  Sitting up high and dusty on a shelf, I was able to bring it down and take a few photos.  I should absolutely be more diligent about taking photos of my work.  I think blogging will help as I take photos now of both the making of a book or artwork, and then photograph the final piece.  This has not always been my practice though....

I made this book as a journal - titled 'road trip' hoping that some one would take it on one of their trips and write in it, thus adding to its character. White ink on the black and visa versa.  As it is, it works quite well in its perspex box as a little sculpture.  Maybe one day it will have a story to tell inside.


The partial partitions in the perspex box I made, allow the hinged ends to fan out.

Lots of threads left dangling .

Not how it is meant to sit but this is the way Wim has it standing up on a shelf in the studio.


2 comments:

  1. I'm back! I know the book is beautiful and I love the graphic style of the black and white marks - but it's the partitioning in the perspex box which I love the most - the way you thought that thru and wanted the tail to fan like that. Inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative hand made book..I have never seen anything like it.. very unique.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments - thank you!