Wednesday 13 August 2014

twits .....

Many of you know from a post last year, that I collect white porcelain - translucent vessels in particular.  Last week three fellow artist's and I had a drive to Redcliffe to visit Jo St. Baker in her Studio with a mind to viewing it as a possible exhibition space for a group or individually.

While there I could not resist buying two new little additions for my porcelain collection - 'Twits', by artist Josephine Regan.  You will see them on the bottom shelf and then watch me play as I try to find a resting space for them among their peers.  The truth is, I think 'the twits' will move around the porcelain display often as either I, or visitors, rearrange.







 





I love how this twit seems to be about to kiss you ....



This is Jo's Gallery and Studio space.  She has a great eye and a contemporary approach which would suit me and my work very well ...... no time to think about it terribly much just yet but I am really interested in seeing if she will stock some of my work there and then maybe organise an exhibition for late next year or the year afterwards - if of course my work is deemed suitable.  It is a 'pop up' gallery at present, but I am sure Jo will move from this to another should this building sell.

If you are in the area, this is a fine place to visit.  You can see from this photo that an exhibition was in the process of coming down but even if you are there in-between exhibitions, there are lovely things to look at and buy.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely collection you have there Susan, I see many familar works... Very nice gallery space, and love the new additions to your collection, and I especially like the title of the work too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim - familiar and of course your piece too which I still love. I hope you have had a good Open Day. Gorgeous weather for us all but not really good for Studio wandering. I am stuck indoors unwell I am afraid otherwise I may have venture forth!

      Delete
  2. A positive, exciting outing - and a lively animating addition to your delightful collection. Good luck with the exhibition possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how perfect susan. this place has just appeared on my radar as well ... now i am sure to visit !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Jo St Baker will make it lonto many people's radar ..... she is a go getter and as I said, a wonderful fresh contemporary eye and approach.

      Delete
  4. These are fun. Thanks for letting us watch as you find just the right spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun aren't they Leslie. Not sure where they will wander to ..... there is a who home to explore!

      Delete
  5. Hi SB - always good to see a fellow artist's growing collection - twits is good - I agree about the kiss. Go well and enjoy. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you noticed that kiss readiness too Barry .... lovely.

      Delete
  6. What fun! Love the name and the size of them...and the ongoing search!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Fiona - a little something else with which to play x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments - thank you!